Spark a Mind brings hands-on science to your location.
Children (ages 3-12) have a great time while discovering valuable science and math concepts. They enthusiastically turn their questions and hunches into testable hypotheses, conduct experiments, build models, collect data, share their observations, and discuss their thoughts and conclusions. The skills they pick up carry over into many areas both within and beyond school.
We have programs for school, after school, child-centered community groups, clubs, daycares and parties.
Choose science workshops, presentations or parties from dozens of areas (adapted for your group’s ages and abilities), for a single session or multiple ones, including:
- Crazy Chemistry: changes in states of matter, tiny explosions, nontoxic reactions, viscoelastic fluids, and other fun stuff.
- Exhilarating Electricity: shocking static electricity, loopy circuits, electromagnetic attraction, murmuring motors and more.
- Wind and Weather: the dance of hot and cold, hand-held tornadoes, bottled clouds, hot air balloons, etc.
- Living Things and Living Processes: animals, plants, fungi, and other life forms visible and microscopic, with models of circulatory and other systems for hands-on explorations of form, function, structure and ecological relationships.
- Soil Ecology and Erosion: the real dirt, complete with worms.
- A custom workshop: We are constantly expanding our lessons and welcome requests to fit your needs.
- Based in Sonoma County, we also bring science for kids to the surrounding counties of Marin, Napa, Mendocino, and Lake.