Keep Your Family Flu Safe
Sep 09, 2009 12:00AM
Save this fact sheet to post for your family to see!
Symptoms of the H1N1 or Swine Flu
- Fever 100 degrees or higher.
- Lethargy and body aches/pains.
- Lack of appetite.
- Runny nose.
- Sore throat.
- In addition, in some cases, people with swine flu have reported nausea, vomiting and diarrhea.
If You or Your Child Have Symptoms of H1N1 Influenza
- Stay at home and keep away from work, school or crowds as much as possible.
- Rest and take in plenty of fluids.
- Cover your mouth and nose with disposable tissues when coughing and sneezing and dispose of the used tissues properly.
- Wash hands frequently.
- Inform family and friends about your illness and seek help.
Prevention at School
- Teach your child not to share personal items.
- Know the signs of H1N1.
- Tell your child to wash/sanitize their hands frequently.
- Keep sick kids at home.
- Vaccinate your child.
If a Person is Ill at Home
- Try to keep a distance from person as much as possible.
- Cover mouth and nose when caring for person.
- Wash your hands after each contact with person.
- Try to improve air flow in the area the ill person stays.
- Keep area clean with disinfecting household cleaners.
- Help Online National Center for Disease Control www.cdc.gov/h1n1flu
- U.S. Government Flu Information www.flu.gov
- California Department of Public Health www.cdph.ca.gov
- Mendocino County Department of Public Health www.co.mendocino.ca.us/p
- Lake County Department of Public Health www.co.lake.ca.us/Government/Directory/Public_Health