Need a Career?
Sep 11, 2009 12:00AM
Family Life Magazine is seeking Account Executives, Outside Sales
Do you have an interest in marketing and would like to help local businesses reach more customers? Family Life Magazine is seeking an Account Executive to join our sales team. In today’s complex, constantly evolving landscape of print and online media, it takes a broad range of business skills to engage advertisers and retain their loyalty. We’re looking for someone with those skills and the passion necessary to apply them to an award-winning local parenting magazine.
There are two open positions, focusing on selling digital, email, and print marketing solutions to the local business community. Qualified candidates will work with new and existing clients to help them reach their target audiences. We are looking for friendly, clever, and career driven candidates. You will be an important link between the publication and our advertisers, evaluating the goals of the clients you work with and organizing our efforts to provide effective campaign plans.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Developing new business through effective research, prospecting, and consultative selling techniques
- Nurturing existing client relationships and expectations
- Generating and implementing new ideas for revenue growth
- Coordinating with our Production and Online Media staff to ensure that ads run smoothly
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 1+ years experience in sales and customer service
- Excellent problem solving, communication and facilitation skills
- Strong work ethic and positive attitude
- Ability to handle deadlines with aplomb
- A passion for the magazine
- A healthy competitive streak
Not required, but definitely a plus:
- Experience in marketing, business development, media sales, and the publishing industry
- A deep well of local knowledge (Bay Area, Sonoma county, Mendocino county, Lake county)
- Event marketing experience
- Entrepreneurial experience
- Sales management experience
- Copy-editing, advertising, and design experience
- One opening in our Santa Rosa office for sales in Sonoma County
- One opening for Mendocino County
If this seems like the job for you then send us your resume, cover letter, and salary requirements, with the title of the position and either “Sonoma” or “Mendocino” in the subject line. To be considered for the position you must also address your cover letter to Jean and Sharon.
About the company:
Now celebrating our 25th year, Sonoma Family Life Magazine and Mendo Lake Family Life Magazine are the #1 resource guides in three counties, and over the years have garnered many prestigious awards for magazines and websites.
Families come in all shapes and sizes, from nuclear to 'blended' and from single parent families to extended families. Couples may have their first child in their 20's, in their 30's or in their 40's. And then, of course, children grow, and families change. In the blink of an eye, it seems, parents of preschoolers inexplicably become doting grandparents. There’s so much going on in those family years, so much that parents and grandparents need and want to know. And through it all, there's one constant — these families share one abiding passion: Parents simply want the best for their families.
Our mission is to help local families find the best ideas, opportunities, and resources, through trusted local Sonoma Family Life brand community magazine, website, enewsletter and social network.
Contact us at 707-234-3446 for more information.