10 Eco-Friendly Things You Can Start Doing Today
Apr 21, 2010 12:00AM
Beginning This Earth Day, I Will...
- Change computer setting to energy saver mode.
- Be sure to bring my cloth bags instead of using paper/plastic when grocery shopping.
- Recycle paper and plastic, in addition to cans, to help reduce the amount of waste in landfills.
- Use a reusable water bottle and bring a mug to the coffee house.
- Recycle envelopes from the bank and use the same one all year.
- Shop at a farmer's market and buy local and organic food.
- Use environmentally friendly cleaning products.
- Abstain from meat at least one day a week to curb carbon emissions from the livestock industry.
- Organize a clean-up in my community and pick up litter whenever I see it.
- Use a water-saving shower head.
Bonus: Want to calculate your carbon footprint? Try this Environmental Footprint Calendar.