Stay Germ Free This Cold and Flu Season
Nov 27, 2011 12:00AM
6 Tips to Stay Germ-F
- When it comes to avoiding colds and flu, mother’s advice to “wash your hands” is still the best. Scrub your hands for at least 20 seconds with ordinary soap and water or use an alcohol-based sanitizer.
- Whenever possible, keep your distance from people who are sick, and stay home if you’re sick yourself.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth to prevent contaminating yourself.
- Keep it clean. Regularly sanitize your desk, phone and computer keyboard — at home and at the office — with sanitizing wipes.
- Try to manage stress, which lowers immunity.
- Boost your natural immunity with regular exercise and a healthy diet.
Sources: Mayo Clinic, WebMd.com, U.S. Centers for Disease Control, The Lancet, Health Canada