Virtual Summer Camp Adventure Guide
Is your family ready for summer vacation? Start here in the 2017 Summer Camp Adventure Guide! Sonoma Family Life's got the scoop on 123 camps to get your summer planning off to a great start.
Find camps in Cloverdale, Cotati, Guernville, Healdsburg, Kenwood, Petaluma, Rohnert Park, Santa Rosa, Sebastopol, Sonoma, Windsor, and even in a few neighboring counties!
Let us help you prepare for a great summer! With so many amazing activities to choose from, you'll never hear your kids say, "I'm bored."
- Boys & Girls Clubs of Cloverdale. Campers take field trips, play games & develop positive relationships in a safe environment. Ages 6–18. 8 a.m.–3 p.m. M–F. June 5–Aug. 4. 894-5063. bgccsc.org/cloverdale.
- City of Cotati Summer Camps. Games, crafts & daily outdoor fun, with weekly themes. Gymnastics, Spanish summer immersion, soccer, Play-Well TEKnologies intro. to STEM with LEGO. Ages 7–12. 665-4222. Visit web site for schedule/rates. cotaticity.org.
- Summer Musical Theater Camp: The Sound of Music. Ask about Itty Bitty Broadway for ages 2–5. Ages 5–18. (Ask about Itty Bitty Broadway for ages 2–5.)M–W. Teen Cast: 7–9:30 p.m. Kid Cast: 12:45–3:15 p.m. Chorus Class: 10 a.m.–12 p.m. $425. 10% off before May 15. 664-0123. Music To My Ears. funmusiclessons.com/summer-musical.htm.
- Boys & Girls Clubs of Guerneville. Campers take field trips, play games & develop positive relationships in a safe environment. Ages 6–18. 8 a.m.–4 p.m. M–F. June 7–July 14. 528-7977. bgccsc.org.
- Boys & Girls Clubs of Healdsburg. Campers take field trips, play games & develop positive relationships in a safe environment. Ages 6–18. 8 a.m.–5 p.m. M–F. June 12–Aug. 4. 433-4479. bgccsc.org/healdsburg.
- Camp HBG: California Dreamin’. Ages 5–10. 8 a.m.–5:30 p.m. M–F. June 14–Aug. 11. Full day: $130/wk. Half day: $75/wk. Healdsburg Community Center. 431-3301. healdsburgparksandrec.org.
- Fitch Mountain Summer Day Camp. Children are provided with a safe, compassionate setting where they can have fun, be physically fit & learn community values. Arts, crafts, swimming & sports. Grades K–7. 7:30 a.m.–6:30 p.m. M–F. Starts June 12. 431-1412. fitchmountaindaycamp.com.
- Healdsburg Ballet. Not Just Ballet. Offering classes in princess-ballerina, ballet, jazz, hip-hop, choreography, pointe & variations. Ages 3–adult. 9:30 a.m.–6:30 p.m. M–F. $60–$400. 431-7617. healdsburgballet.com.
- Healdsburg Center for the Arts Summer Art Camp. Weekly day camps & half-day camps will include mixed media, drawing & painting, gardening & cooking & much more. Ages 6–18. June 12–July 28. $170–$280/wk. 344-2248. healdsburgcenterforthearts.com.
- YAS Summer Drama Camp. Immerse yourself in an intensive summer theater training program. Students study acting, voice, movement & participate in games & exercises. The session ends with a public performance. Ages 6–15. 9 a.m.–3 p.m. M–F. July. Visit website for schedule. $550. Luther Burbank Center, Santa Rosa. 955-5759. youngactors.studio.
- Sonoma Ecology Center Sugarloaf Camps. Introductory Backpacking Adventure. 3-day/2-night program. Ages 8–16. June 13–30. $420–$460. 996-0712. sonomaecologycenter.org/summer-science-camp.
- Art-rageous & Baking-rageous Camps. Weekly themes. 9 a.m.–noon. June–July. $45/day, $200/wk. Extended hours & pricing avail. Anna B’s Kitchen. 688-7143. 415-269-4381. artbyjenniferrichardson.com.
- Boys & Girls Club of Marin & Petaluma. Lucchesi Park Clubhouse Summer Camp. Various programs ranging from sports & fitness to science & arts. Visit website for schedule & rates. 769-5322 x17. petaluma-marinbgc.org.
- Cherry Valley Summer Camp. Open space for children to ride their bikes & scooters. Different fun activities each day. Ages 5–12. 8 a.m.–6 p.m. M–F. Full day: $40. Half day: $30. North Bay Children’s Center. 763-6222. nbcc.net.
- Christie Johnson Learning Center Summer Tutoring. Remedial & enrichment tutoring as well as 8-week seminars for junior high & high school students. Ages 5–18. 10 a.m.–6:30 p.m. M–Th. Tutoring: $45–$75/hr. Seminars: $350/session. 775-2480. cjlctutoring.com.
- Cinnabar Theater Camp. Musical theater acting camp, with productions of Disney’s The Lion King Jr. Grades 1–6: 9 a.m.–1 p.m. M–F. July 3–28. Grades 6 & up: 1:30–5:30 p.m. M–F. July 10–Aug. 4. $600/4 wks. 763-8920. cinnabartheater.org/camps.
- Colors of Spanish Summer Language Immersion Camp. Students will be engaged in age-appropriate, fun activities that expose them to the Spanish language thru games, rhymes, stories, acting, songs, music & art. Ages 4–8. M–F. June–Aug. $270/wk. 782-1084. colorsofspanish.org/summer-immersion.
- FLAG Football Summer League. All games & practices are on Sunday. Grades K–7. April 30–July 30. $200. Casa Grande High School. 322-6558. 1flagfootball.com.
- Kinder Kickz Soccer Camps. Soccer games & activities for children geared toward improving motor, social & soccer skills in a fun & positive environment. Campers will be divided by age groups. Ages 3–8. 9 a.m.–noon. M–Th. June 5–8 & July 24–27. $135. Leghorns Park. 953-2603. kinderkickz.com.
- LearningRX Brain Camp. A cognitive enrichment program using fun activities that work on core brain skills, such as attention, memory & logic. Ages 6–14. 10 a.m.–3 p.m. M–F. June 26–30, July 10–14, July 17–21. $299/wk., 15% sibling discount. 781-7373. learningrx.com/petaluma.
- Petaluma Parks & Recreation Summer Camps. Camp Sunshine: Ages 3–TK. Weekly sessions. Campers have 1 swim day per week. Kids Klub: Grades 1–5. Weekly sessions. Campers have 2 swim days & 1 field trip per week. Camp K2: Grades 6–8. Weekly sessions. Campers have 2 swim days & 2 field trips per week. Visit website for schedule & rates. 778-4380. cityofpetaluma.net/parksnrec/teencenter.html.
- Petaluma School of Ballet Summer Dance Camps. Aloha, Summer! Dance Camp: Ages 3–6, June 26–29. Once Upon a Time Dance Camp: Ages 3–6, July 10–13. Summer Dance Intensive: Ages 2–adult, June 26–29. Visit website for rates. 762-3972. petalumaschoolofballet.com.
- Petaluma School of Music Summer Programs. Our goal is to provide a haven of music discovery in Petaluma. Vocal & instrumental instruction, songwriting & composition. All ages welcome. Visit website for summer class schedules & rates. 775-3655. petalumaschoolofmusic.net.
- Petaluma Wildlife Museum. Campers can look forward to a fun week of animals, insects, educational games & special guests. Ages 6–12. 9 a.m.–5 p.m. M–F. June 12–Aug. 4. $300/wk. 10% sibling discount avail. 778-4787. petalumawildlifemuseum.org.
- Redwood Empire Gymnastics Summer Camp. Summer day camps take full advantage of the 16,000 sq. ft. facility. Ages 5–12. 9 a.m.–4 p.m. M–F. June–Aug. Pre-care & after care avail. Visit website for rates. 763-5010. regymnastics.com.
- Santa Rosa Scottish Dancers Youth & Family Classes. New members welcome at any time. Ages 6 & up. 5–5:45 p.m. Mondays. $9–$16/one person, $13–$22/two people, $16–$27/three people. Hermann Son’s Hall. 860 Western Ave., Petaluma. 318-5660. santarosascottishdancers.org.
- She’z Moto Camp. We build confidence & teach females of all ages that they can do anything. She’z Moto Camps are led by Professional Racer Shelina Moreda. Families can sign up for our Family Camp. Visit website for schedules. $535/2-day camp, starting price. shezmoto.com.
- Spring Hill School Elementary Summer Camp. Inspiring creativity, helping young people learn Spanish & having all kinds of fun. We also offer arts, crafts, sports, makers- & STEAM-related sessions. Grades 1–6. 8 a.m.–3 p.m. M–F. June 19–Aug. 11. $685/2 wks. 763-9222. springhillmontessori.org.
- Strides Riding Academy Summer Camp. Each day includes a riding lesson, horse-themed games & crafts & summer camp fun. Campers also learn about general safety around horses & proper care & grooming. (Experienced riders, see our Summer Intensive.) Ages 6–11. 9 a.m.–3 p.m. M–F. $450/wk. 953-2678. stridesridingacademy.com.
- Summer Arts Camp. 8 weeks of 4-day arts camps in a variety of mediums. Ages 6–16. June 6–Aug. 7. $125/wk. 762-5600. petalumaartscenter.org.
- Synergy Health Club Petaluma Summer Day Camp. Ages 5–12. M–F. June 5–Aug. 11. No camp July 4. Members: $180–$225/wk., $90/2 days, or $135/3 days. Non-members: $220–$275/wk., $110/2 days, or $165/3 days. 5% sibling discount. 559-2936. activesportsclubs.com.
- Thompson Quarter Horses Day Camp. Horsemanship, horse care, everything horses. Ages 5–18. Visit website for schedule & rates. 280-4513. heidithompsonquarterhorses.com.
- Boys & Girls Clubs of Rohnert Park. Campers take field trips, play games & develop positive relationships in a safe environment. Ages 6–18. 8 a.m.–4 p.m. M–F. June 5–Aug. 4. 528-7977. bgccsc.org/rohnertpark.
- Cal Skate Summer Classes & Lessons. Instruction for beginners to National Competitors. Quad Beginner’s Classes: 9:40 a.m.–noon. Saturdays. $14/wk. or $40/mo., includes Quad skate rental. No advance reservation required. Inline Speed Beginner Classes: 4:30–6 p.m. Wednesdays. $10/class. No advance reservation required. Private Lessons: Inquire for schedule & rates. 585-0500. calskate.com.
- Camp Burton. Projects, crazy games, wet ’n wild swim days & Friday fun days. Ages 5–12. 9 a.m.–3:30 p.m. Extended care avail. June–Aug. 588-3456. rpcity.org.
- Classical & Contemporary Dance Summer Programs. Dancing Tots Camp: Ages 4–6. Fitness Dance Camp: Ages 7–11. Musical Dance Camp: Ages 8–10. T–Th. June–July. $90–$324/session. $25 registration fee, includes materials & camp t-shirt. 585-1137. ccd-dance.com.
- Cross & Crown Lutheran School. Weekly themes, including arts & crafts, science, cooking, games, music, field trips & more. Ages 2–12. June–Aug. Extended care avail. Visit website for schedule & rates. 795-7863. crossandcrownschoolrp.org.
- Driven Raceway Race Camps. Learn new kart techniques, play mini-golf, arcade & mini-bowling. Each camp is 3 consecutive weekdays. Required height 48” & up. 12–3 p.m. Mon.–Fri. June–Aug. $125/members, $135/nonmembers. 585-3748. drivenraceway.com.
- EXCEL for Youth Program. Unique academic enrichment program offers over 60 classes in science, technology, engineering, the arts & math (STEAM). Ages 9–14. 9 a.m.–4 p.m. June 12–July 21. $185–$380. 664-2645. sonoma.edu/exed/excel.
- Flying Frog Academy Summer Camp. Campers spend the summer being physically active & will run, jump, climb, swing, flip & play games in our one-of-a-kind indoor park. Ages 6–14. 9 a.m.–noon or 9 a.m.–3 p.m. M–F. June 5–Aug. 18. Half day: $45/day or $200/wk. Full day: $65/day or $280/wk. 292-8201. flyingfrogacademy.com/camps.
- Fundemonium Summer Camps. Bot Bash Summer Camp: Build a combat robot & compete in a Bot Bash Tournament with coaching from robot-fighting professionals. Ages 7–14. 10 a.m.–2:30 p.m. June 12–16, July 24–28, Aug. 7–11. $400/wk. RC Car Camp: Build & decorate a buggy with our help. You get an RC buggy worth over $170 & you know how to keep it running. Ages 8 & up. 10 a.m.–1 p.m. June 19–23, July 10–14. $349/wk. Science Camp: 5 days of fun & educational science experiments, including rockets, solar power, chemistry & Lego building. Ages 7–11. 10 a.m.–1 p.m. June 26–30, July 17–21. $179/wk. 540-0701. fundemoniumtoys.com.
- Kidz ’n Critters Summer Camp. Learn about animals & care thru arts & crafts, guest speakers & hands-on time with the shelter animals. Each 1-week session is specially geared to a particular grade level. Grades 2–7. 8:30 a.m.–1 p.m. M–F. June–July. $125/wk., t-shirt included. $25 sibling discount. Scholarships avail. Rohnert Park Animal Shelter. 584-1582. rpanimalshelter.org.
- Nike Junior Golf Camp. This 5-full-day camp is geared to young players with playing experience. Campers receive 3 hours of instruction each day as well as 9 holes of playing & competition. Lunch is provided. Ages 10–15. June 19–23, July 10–24. $465. 800-645-3226. 100 Golf Course Dr., Rohnert Park. ussportscamps.com.
- Scribbles & Giggles Creative Art Adventure. A fun, art-filled week with many projects & masterpieces to create. Ages 4–12. 9.a.m.–noon or 9 a.m.–3 p.m. Extended care avail. See website for camp schedules. $50–$75/day. $225–$350/wk. Sibling & multiple camp discounts avail. 285-2002. scribblesandgigglesart.com.
- Spreckels Youth In Arts Summer Camp. Join us this summer for a 4-Week Intensive Theater Arts Program of “Sleeping Beauty Kids” focusing on musical theater performance, singing, dancing & movement. Culminates in a main stage Spreckels performance. Call or e-mail to schedule an audition or for more info. Ages 10–17. Auditions: June 16. Rehearsals begin: July 16. Performances: Aug. 11–20. $450. 588-3419. spreckelsonline.com.
- Summer Camp at Rebounderz. Give your kids the gift of Fitness & Fun this summer. Trampolines, Ninja Warrior, Foam Pit, organized games & more. Each Thurs. ends with a pizza party & arcade time. Ages 5–12. 8:30 a.m.–noon or 8:30 a.m.–3 p.m. T–Th. June 13–15, 27–29; July 11–13; 25–27; Aug. 8–10. Half day: $38. Full day: $68. $25 off if you sign up for full 3-day wk. 426-4445. rebounderzrohnertpark.com.
- Super Kids Camp at Sonoma State University (SSU). Offers a variety of lesson-plan–based activities, such as sports, arts, drama & science. Also uses SSU’s climbing wall & pool facilities. Ages 5–11. M–F. June 5–Aug. 11. $30–$46/day. 664-4326. sonoma.edu/campusrec/programs/skc.
- A.S.A.P. at the Cove. 10 special theme camps. Grades K–6. 8 a.m.–6 p.m. M–F. June 7–Aug. 11. Full day: $40–$50. Half day: $20–$30. 528-3795. asapcove.org.
- Animal Vet Camp for Kids. Campers explore veterinary medicine in a fun & imaginative setting. Ages 8–12. 9 a.m.–2 p.m. M–Th. June 20–23, July 17–20. $233/wk. (res), $243/wk. (non-res). Steele Lane Community Center. 293-9976.
- Art & Music Specialty Camps. Specialty half-day art camps & music camps thru the summer, with 16 different options to choose from over 4 weeks. Morning & afternoon sessions avail. Ages 3–12. 9:30 a.m.–noon & 12:30–3 p.m. M–Th. Weeks of June 19, July 10, July 24 & Aug. 7. $225/camp. Multiple camp discount avail. Art & Soul Music School. 575-7701. artandsoulmusic.com.
- Boys & Girls Clubs of Central Sonoma County. Campers take field trips, play games & develop positive relationships in a safe environment. Ages 6–18. North Santa Rosa: 8 a.m.–4 p.m. M–F. June 5–Aug. 4. East Santa Rosa: 8 a.m.–4 p.m. M–F. June 5–July 28. Roseland Club: 8 a.m.–5 p.m. M–F. June 5–July 28. 528-7977. bgccsc.org.
- British Soccer & TetraBrazil Soccer Camps. Soccer camps with programs for all ages, delivered by our professional coaching staff from the UK & Brazil. Visit website for all camp locations. Ages 3–18. 8 a.m.–4 p.m. M–F. June–Aug. $85–$200. 916-596-1694. challenger.configio.com/content/search.
- Brush Creek Montessori Summer Session. Activities & materials presented in a Montessori environment with an emphasis on outdoor play & work. Ages 2–6. 8 a.m.–4 p.m. M–F. June–Aug. Half day: $225/wk. Full day: $275/wk. 539-7980. bcmontessori.org.
- Camp Kennedy. This day camp is for children & teens with developmental disabilities. Boating, crafts, songs, story time, games & outdoor cooking. Ages 6–18. T–Th: 10 a.m.–3 p.m. F: 2–7 p.m. July 25–28. $135/4 days. 543-3737. santarosarec.com.
- Cardinal Newman Summer Camps. Men’s Basketball Camp: June 12 –15. Grades 4–7, 9 a.m.–noon. Grades 8–12, 1 p.m.–4 p.m. Women’s Basketball Camp: Grades 3–8. 9 a.m.–noon. June 19–22. Baseball School: June 19–23. Ages 5–8, 10 a.m.–2 p.m. Ages 9–12, 10 a.m.–4 p.m. Football Camp: Frosh, Grade 9, 3–6 p.m., W–F, June 14–16. Prep Camp, Grades 9–12, 3 –6 p.m., M–Th, July 24–27. Men’s Summer Weights: June 1–July 31. Varsity, 8:30–10:30 a.m., M W F. Junior Varsity, 4–6 p.m., T–Th. Frosh, 5–7 p.m., M W Th. Co-ed Speed Training Camp: 8–11 a.m. June 26–28. Co-ed Tennis Camp: Ages 12 & up. 9 a.m.–noon. June 26–30. Women’s Volleyball Camp: July 24 –27. Grades 6–8, 9 a.m.–noon. Grades 9–12, 1–4 p.m. Women’s Soccer Camp: Grades 9–12. 5–7:30 p.m. Aug. 7–11. Co-ed Soccer Camp: Grades 4–8. 4–7 p.m. June 26–29. $50–$250. 546-6470 x115. cardinalnewman.org.
- Charles M. Schulz Museum Summer Camps. Classes avail. in art, cartooning, LEGO-animation, iPad movie-making & even ice-skating. Children ages 12–13 can join our Junior Volunteer Program & become junior volunteer helpers in our summer classes. Ages 3–15. 9 a.m.–4:30 p.m. June 5–Aug. 11. $80–$245. 284-1272. schulzmuseum.org.
- Cloverleaf Ranch. A traditional camp experience with activities such as horseback riding, zip lining, swimming, sports, archery, riflery, crafts & more. Ages 5–17. Residential camp avail. for ages 7 & up. 8:15 a.m.–5 p.m. June–Aug. Starting $310/week. 545-5906. cloverleafranch.com.
- Creative Cake/Candy Decorating for Kids. Basic decorating techniques to create unique treats. Visit website for schedule & rates. 546-2253. nancysfancys.com.
- En Garde Fencing Summer Camp. Campers learn the rules & history of fencing, learn footwork & play games to develop skills. Great for beginners. Ages 7–12. Santa Rosa: 8:30 a.m.–noon, M–F, June 26–30, July 31–Aug. 4. $150–$160/wk. Visit website for camp schedules in Windsor, Petaluma, Rohnert Park & Sebastopol. 443-8102. egfencing.com.
- Family Martial Arts Center Summer Camps. All camps include a daily themed movie & organic snacks & drinks. Also crafts & toy-building activities. Space is limited. 9 a.m.–2 p.m. M–Th. Ninja Turtle Camp: June 12–15. Jade Palace Camp: July 10–13. Star Wars Camp: Aug. 7–10. Early Bird: $185/Ninja Turtle & Jade Palace Camps, $205/Star Wars Camp. After May 19: $250/camp. 528-4910. myfamilymartialarts.com.
- Farm Camp at The Goat Farm. Kids interact with our farm animals, garden, cook, make soaps, candles, other arts & crafts & much more. Ages 6–10. 9 a.m.–2 p.m. M–Th. 3 sessions, June–July. $225. 568-0533. goatfarmsoap.com.
- FLAG Summer Football League. All games & practices are on Sunday. Grades K–7. April 30–July 30. $200. 1flagfootball.com.
- iD Tech Camp. Code, game & create at the world’s #1 summer technology camp. Students learn to code apps, design video games, engineer robots, build websites, print 3D models & more. Ages 7–17. M–F. June 12–16, 19–23 & 26–30. Starting $899–$949/wk. Sonoma Country Day School. 844-788-1858. idtech.com/sonoma.
- In His Image Day Camp. Fun activities in a Christ-centered setting. Ages 6–12. M–F. June 6–Aug. 12. Inquire for rates. Rincon Valley Christian School. rvchristian.org/programs.
- Jewish Community Center’s Camp Chai. Active games, arts & crafts, recreational swim, singing, weekly BBQ lunches, Jewish traditions & great leadership. Campers of all faiths welcome. Grades K–7. (CIT Program: Grades 8–9.) 9 a.m.–3 p.m. M–F. June 19–23, June 26–30. $295/wk. 50% off for CIT Program. Financial aid avail. Finley Community Center Park. 528-2549. jccsoco.org/camp.
- Julie Nation Academy Summer Camps. Self-Improvement Summer Boot Camp: confidence, communication skills, etiquette, visual poise, skin care, makeup artistry, wardrobe, hair care & styling & more. Includes a professional headshot photo shoot. TV & Film Acting Summer Boot Camp: auditioning skills, TV commercial acting, camera workshops, improvisation & more. Includes a professional acting headshot photo shoot. Professional Modeling Summer Boot Camp: 2 weeks, 1 of Self-Improvement & 1 of Modeling. Includes 2 professional photo shoots & an in-house fashion show. Ages 10–17. 12:30 p.m.–5 p.m. M–F. $995–$1,995. 575-8585. julienation.com/summercamps.
- Kids & Teens 5-Day Summer Cooking Series. Young chefs will practice essential kitchen skills while mastering the fundamentals of cooking or exploring the world of baking. M–F. June–Aug. Ages 8–12: 9–11 a.m. Ages 13–17: 12–2 p.m. $250/wk. Sur La Table. 800-243-0852. surlatable.com.
- Kidscience Adventures. 6 unique weekly themes combining science, art & games. Choose from Engineering Lab, Stretchy Science, Simple Machines, Survival Science & more. Ages 6–13. 9 a.m.–3 p.m. M–F. June–July. $258/wk., includes materials. Rincon Valley Area School. 793-2251. kidscienceadventures.com.
- Kinder Kickz Soccer Camps. Soccer games & activities for children geared toward improving motor, social & soccer skills in a fun & positive environment. Campers will be divided by age groups. Ages 3–8: June 12–15. Ages 3–11: July 17–20. 9 a.m.–noon. M–Th. $135. Galvin Park. 953-2603. kinderkickz.com.
- Kiwi Camp. Art, hikes, tennis, soccer, water play & games. Ages 4–8. M–F. July–Aug. $160/wk. 539-6232. kiwipreschool.com.
- La Cantera Summer Camps & Lessons. Tennis Camps: Ages 8–15, 9–11 a.m. or 4–6 p.m., M–Th, $180; Ages 4–7, 11 a.m.–noon, M W & F, $75. Swim Lessons: Ages 3–14, 8 a.m.–noon, groups are $68/2 wks. Call for pricing on private lessons & swim team. June–Aug. 544-9494. lacanteraracquetandswimclub.com.
- LandPaths’ Owl Camp. A place for children to explore the natural world, test out new ideas & experience the freedom of child-directed, open-ended learning thru nature exploration & play guided in small groups by expert educators. Children work thru how to build a fort, engage in a theater production, or discover native plants & animals. Ages 5–13. 9 a.m.–3 p.m. M–F. July–Aug. 4 (1-week) sessions. $260–$450. 544-7284 x110. landpaths.org.
- LearningRX Summer Sessions. Personalized one-on-one brain training can help struggling readers, kids who have a hard time focusing, accelerated learners & athletes. Ages 5–18. 890-3200. learningrx.com/santa-rosa.
- Maker Fun Factory 2017. Calling all VBS Campers. Take part in powerful hands-on Bible stories from both the Old & New Testaments, music, crafts, games, a mission project & more. Ages 3 (& potty trained)–grade 5. Adults & youths ages 12 & up are encouraged to volunteer. 9 a.m.–noon. T–F. June 27–30. Closing Ceremony: 5:30–7 p.m., June 30. $35. Scholarships avail. 545-3863 x206. fumcsantarosa.org.
- Mark West Stables Summer Camp. Campers will receive instruction on riding, grooming, horse & equipment care, in addition to playing games. Ages 7–12. Half day: 9 a.m.–1 p.m. Full day: 9 a.m.–5 p.m. $350–$450. 538-2000. markweststables.com.
- McDonald Ranch Summer Camp. Horseback riding, swimming, archery, ropes, farm animals, kitten love, cooking, arts & crafts, field trips & more. Ages 5–16. 8 a.m.–5 p.m. M–F. June 5–Aug. 11. $175–$405. 583-6711. mcdonaldranch.org.
- MH Kids Camp. Campers are introduced to a variety of sports & activities in a non-competitive, safe & fun environment thru age-& ability-appropriate games. Ages 5–12. 8:30 a.m.–3 p.m. M–Th. June 12–15, 19–22, 26–29; July 10–13, 24–27. Extended hours avail. $10–$15/half hour or $210–$260/wk. 526-0529. montecitoheights.com/mh-kids-camp-2017.
- Missoula Children’s Theatre. Children are welcome to audition for the upcoming production of Alice in Wonderland. No advance preparation or experience necessary. Auditions: 10 a.m.–noon, June 21. Grades 1–12. Camp: M–Sat. Performances: 2 p.m. & 4:30 p.m., June 24. Free. Luther Burbank Center for the Arts. 800-7520. lutherburbankcenter.org/summer-camps.
- National Academy of Athletics Camps. All Sorts of Sports: Campers build motor skills, hand-eye coordination, agility, teamwork & other sports-specific skills. Games include baseball, basketball, soccer, flag football, races & more. Ages 7–13. 9 a.m.–3 p.m. M–F. June–Aug. Visit website for rates & all locations. 541-2365. nationalacademyofathletics.com.
- New Song Music Camp. Participants will explore music thru hands-on experience with a wide variety of traditional & percussion instruments, then make an instrument to take home, cut an original CD recording, sing, play & receive a t-shirt as a souvenir. Grades 3–6. 9 a.m.–3 p.m. June 12–16. $230/wk. & $25 supply fee. Luther Burbank Center for the Arts. 800-7529. lutherburbankcenter.org/summer-camps.
- Nike Junior Golf Camp. Join our staff of teaching pros, led by Sonoma State Head Coach Val Verhunce, for a week of great golf instruction & fun. All skill levels welcome. Ages 5–10. 9 a.m.–noon. M–F. June 5–9, July 24–28. $215/wk. Bennett Valley Golf Course. 800-NIKE-CAMP. ussportscamps.com.
- Oakmont Junior Golf Summer Camps. Campers improve technical skills & develop course management skills. All abilities welcome. Ages 7–17. 9 a.m.–noon or 9 a.m.–4 p.m. M–F. June 12–16, July 10–14, July 31–Aug. 4. Half day: $225. Full day: $400. 408-616-0226. oakmontjuniorgolfacademy.com.
- One to One Learning Summer Workshops. Reading comprehension, pre-algebra, algebra, writing & study skills, preparation for first grade reading & math. Ages Pre-K & up. 539-0675. onetoonelearningcenter.com.
- Peace Camp. Daily swimming (fees included). Peace & conflict-resolution activities. Call the director to discuss your special needs child. Ages 7–11. 8:30 a.m.–5 p.m. Aug. 1–5. $99/wk. 510-845-8417. peacecamp.com.
- Play Well TEKnologies—Engineering & Robotics Camp. Campers will develop & enhance problem-solving & critical-thinking skills, while also learning concepts & vocabulary of engineering, architecture & physics. Grades K–6. Visit website or contact Justin Smith for all camp locations, schedules & rates. play-well.org.
- Private Summer Music Immersions. Anyone can learn & improve upon their instrument(s), drums & singing. All ages & abilities. 326-8797. cherylteachmusic.com.
- St. Luke Camp. Themed-based VBS. Grades PK–5. 9 a.m.–noon. M–F. Call for schedule & rates. 545-0512. stluke-lcms.org.
- Santa Rosa Recreation & Parks Summer Camps. Camp Wa-Tam: Camp activities & swimming at Spring Lake. Special Thurs. night parents’ program & camper overnight. Ages 6–12. $185/wk. Camp Yu-Chi: Camp activities, swimming & more. A Friday BBQ & parents program with camper songs & skit to end week. Ages 6–12. $175/wk. (Sign up by June 3 & receive $15 off for early-bird registration.) Doyle Adventure Camp: 3–4 city bus excursions to local destinations plus games, crafts & special events. Ages 6–12. $175/wk. (Sign up by June 3 & receive $15 off for early-bird registration.) Camp Kaos, hosted by North Bay’s United Cerebral Palsy: Fun camp activities include arts & crafts, music, adapted sports, games & train rides. Ages 6–17. $200/4 days. Cloverleaf Ranch Camp: Ages 5–12. $309/wk. Kidscience Camp: Ages 6–13. $258/wk. Engineering Camps: Ages 5–12. $153–$190/wk. Camp Tiny Tots: Ages 3 ½–5. $89/4 days. Animal Vet Camp: Ages 8–12. $243/4 days. Speech Writing, Public Speaking & Debate Camps: Ages 6–14. $269/wk. Personal Finance Camp: Ages 10–14. $269/wk. Paint & Draw Camp: Ages 7–12. $241/4 days. A Fairy’s Life Camp: Ages 7–12. $241/4 days. Mixed Media Camp: Ages 7–12. Dance Camp: Ages 5–8. $137/wk. $241/4 days. Drama Camp: Ages 7–13. $385/11 days. Sewing Camp: Ages 7–12. $280/wk. Basketball Camp (Coed): Ages 8–14. $109/wk. Youth Tennis (Coed): Ages 6–14. $100/4 days. Gymnastics: Ages 5–14. $200/wk. Camp Vertical: Ages 7–14. $215/wk. Boating: Ages 8–16. $65/4 days. Sailing: Ages 11–16. $80/4 days. Horsemanship: Ages 6–12. $285/4 days. Fencing: Ages 7–12. $170/wk. 543-3737. santarosarec.com.
- Santa Rosa United Summer Camps. Skills: June 12–16, July 31–Aug. 4. GK/ST: July 10–14. Visit website for more info or contact Roy Gmitter. Ages 5–14. Half day: $125/wk. Full day: $200/wk. Trione Soccer Complex. 508-5403. srunited.com.
- Shotokan Karate Leadership School Summer Sessions. Karate leadership training. Ages 3–14. M–Th. June–Aug. $187–$247/mo. 575-1681. askaboutkarate.com.
- Sonoma Academy Summer Camps. Camps offered include: robotics, computer programming, storytelling, policy debate, basketball, baseball, soccer, STEM & multi-sport camps. Grades 5–8. 8 a.m.–3 p.m. M–F. June–Aug. $300/wk. 545-1770. sonomaacademy.org/page/summer-programs.
- Sonoma Humane Society Animal Adventure & Education Camp. Kids learn to care for rescued animals. Farming, gardening, field trips & much more. Grades 2–12. 9 a.m.–3 p.m. M–F. June–Aug. $300. 577-1902. sonomahumane.org.
- Sports City Camp Epic. Kids love the action-packed days that combine sports activities with the exciting attractions at Epicenter. Snack & lunch options avail. Ages 4–12. 8 a.m.–4 p.m. M–F. June 12–Aug. 4. Half day: $48. Full day: $88. Weekly & sibling discounts avail. 708-4625. playsportscity.com/epicfun.
- Steve & Kate’s Camp. We give kids the freedom to choose what they want to do, whether that’s music, bread-making, fashion, filmmaking, coding, sports, or pie-throwing. Ages 4–12. 7:30 a.m.–6 p.m. M–F. June 12–Aug. 18. Starting at $75/day. Full summer membership & financial aid avail. Sonoma Country Day School. 415-604-0082. steveandkatescamp.com.
- 6th Street Playhouse Summer Theatre Camps. Teen Summer Musical: The Broadway hit Hairspray, Jr. Experience master classes in acting, dance & singing. Ages 13–19. 10 a.m.–3 p.m. M–F. June 12–July 23. $650/full session. Some scholarships avail. Youth Summer Musical: Disney’s The Lion King Experience, Kids Edition. Training in acting, dancing & singing from master instructors. Ages 8–13. 9:30 a.m.–3 p.m. M–F. June 19–July 30. $650/full session. Some scholarships avail. 523-4185. 6thstreetplayhouse.com.
- Summer Music Academy. Students can learn to play an instrument for the first time or enrich their music studies. Enjoy workshops & ensembles led by professional musicians, including members of the Santa Rosa Symphony. Ages 5 & up. July 10–29. $285–$700. $25 off before April 1. Financial aid avail. Sonoma Country Day School. 546-7097 x225. srsymphony.org.
- Summer Music Camps. 6 to 1 student/teacher ratio & licensed teachers for camps. Kindermusik Adventures: Ages infant–6. Piano, Ukulele, Drumming, Voice, Dance, Art & World Music Camps: Ages 6 & up. Weekly sessions & classes. June–Aug. Visit our website for schedule & rates. Financial aid avail. 527-7900. childrenlovemusic.com.
- Summerfield Waldorf Summer Programs. Circus Camp: Learn clowning, juggling, tightrope, trapeze & acrobatics, with a free performance at the end of each week. Ages 6 & up. Trapeze Camp: Individualized lessons on a full-size flying trapeze rig. Ages 8 & up. Earth Ecology Camp: Learn life skills in ecology that can be applied to our edible food forest permaculture garden. Ages 10–14. Farm Camp: Children connect with the natural world while living the rhythms of a working farm. Ages 4–10. June–July. Visit website for schedules & rates. 575-7194. summerfieldws.org/summerprograms.
- Summer Theater Camp. Actors, singers & dancers star in the lovable comedy The Wedding Singer. Auditions held at the end of the first week of rehearsals. Ages 11–20. 9:30 a.m.–3:30 p.m. June 12–July 16. $695/5 wks. Roustabout Theater. 527-7006. roustabout-theater.org.
- Sylvan Learning Center Summer Sessions. Catch up, keep up, get ahead & avoid summer learning loss with Sylvan’s individualized academic programs. Reading, math, writing, study skills & more. Flexible scheduling M–Th (a.m. & p.m.) & Sat. (a.m.). Starting $168/mo. 528-6000. locations.sylvanlearning.com/us/santa-rosa-ca.
- Vertex Climbing Center Camp Vertical. A whole week of climbing & fun at Vertex Climbing Center, with Thurs. spent climbing all day outside at Sunset Boulders. Ages 7–15. M–W, 9 a.m.–noon. Th, 9 a.m.– 4 p.m. $205. 573-1608. climbvertex.com.
- Wikiup Tennis & Swim Club Summer Camps & Lessons. Tennis Lessons Wednesdays: Hour-long group tennis classes for youth & adults. Tennis Camps: Half-day, weeklong camp thru the summer. 12–4 p.m. Swim Lessons: Offered with 2-week, 1-week, evening & Saturday options. Private lessons: Avail. for both tennis & swimming. 544-2330. wikiupclub.com.
- Windsor Dance Academy Camp. Dancers learn routines in ballet, hip-hop, jazz & acrobatics for a studio performance last day of camp. Also included are games, crafts, dance history & dance videos. Ages 6–12. 8:30 a.m.–5 p.m. M–F. June 26–30, July 31–Aug. 4. Full day: $300/wk. Half day: $150/wk. Single day: $65. 578-3217. windsordanceacademy.com.
- Wonder Camp at the Children’s Museum. Campers experience a variety of different activities ranging from art, science, construction, music, drama & more. Each day of camp is tailored to what inspires campers individually. Ages 5–8. 9 a.m.–3 p.m. M–F. Early & after care avail. $300–$350. 546-4069. cmosc.org/summer-camps.
- Woodside West Big Kids Club. Arts, crafts, sports & field trips. Ages 6–12. Call for schedule. 528-6666. woodsidewestschool.com.
- Wu Academy Summer Camp. Campers will enjoy Kung Fu, Chinese language & painting, acrobatics, games & other activities. Ages 7–13. Visit website for schedule & rates. 338-2233. wu-academy.com.
- YMCA Summer Camps. Adventure Camp: Age-appropriate games, crafts & theme- related activities. Ages 6–12. Kids Club: Traditional camp fun, just a bit shorter. Ages 6–12. Lil’ Campsters: Exploration, free choice, art & music activities & special events in a nurturing environment. Ages 2–5. Moving-On Teen Camp: A theme-based adventure camp with day-trip activities & one overnight camping experience. Ages 11–13. Sports Camp: Build skills, fitness & self-esteem, with special emphasis on specific sports each session. Ages 6–12. Super Science Camp: Explore STEM themes, including marine biology, archaeology, chemistry, physics & more. Ages 7–12. Fine Arts Camp: Campers learn new skills with song, dance & acting. Ages 7–12. 544-1829. scfymca.org.
- Applecreek Horseback Riding Camp. Learn about horses & styles of riding, from basic horsemanship to intermediate riding. Drinks & snacks provided. 9 a.m.–1 p.m. M–F. June–Aug. Extended care avail. Visit website for schedule & rates. 829-2804. applecreekstable.com.
- Camp Castle. Fun, active, action-packed, affordable adventure at Park Side school in Sebastopol. Weekly field trips & swimming, visiting artists, enrichment & more. Grades K–6. 7 a.m.–6 p.m. M–F. June 7–Aug. 11. $25–$165/wk. 829-4578. sebastopolschools.org/summer-camp-2.
- FANWAR LARP Training & Day Camp. Live Action Role Playing Camp where kids learn to act out stories & adventures in an imaginary world. Kids do battles with safe prop weaponry & rescue friends from an ever-evolving plot of monsters, magical items & mythological creatures. Ages 8–18. 9 a.m.–5 p.m. M–F. June 12–16, July 3–7. $250/wk. 569-4859. fanwar.com.
- Janboree Summer Camp. Experience a busy, active schedule of field trips, crafts, swimming, hiking, gymnastics, fairs & other outings this summer. Ages 5–10. 7 a.m.–6 p.m. M–F. June 5–Aug. 15. $35/day, includes most activity admissions, meals/snacks & materials. 795-8568. janboree.com.
- Rock Band Camp. Campers assume a position in a rock band for the week, rehearse a short set, make a live recording & perform live. Strengthen musical skills & connect with other skilled players. Ages 10–17. 9 a.m.–2 p.m. June–Aug. $445/wk. The Great Burro Studios. 327-7572. thegreatburrostudios.com.
- Sebastopol Community Cultural Center Summer Camps. Gymnastics Camp: Ages 5–9. 9 a.m.–1 p.m. M–F. Session 1: July 10–14. Session 2: Aug. 14–18. $250/wk. 953-2524. Fencing Adventure for Kids: All equipment provided. Ages 7–12. 10:30 a.m.–1:30 p.m. M–F. Aug. 7–11. $160/wk. 433-8102. Sebastopol Skate Camp: Learn how to ollie, drop in, kick-flip & other skateboard basics. Ages 5–15. 9 a.m.–1 p.m. M–F. Session 1: July 24–28. Session 2: July 31–Aug. 4. Session 3: Aug. 7–11. $250/wk. 396-1969. seb.org/classes. Tennis Camp. Learn volleys, ground strokes & serves. Students need tennis shoes & racket. Ages 10–14. 9–11 a.m. M–F. Session 1 (Beg.): June 12–16. Session 2 (Int.): June 18–23. Analy High School. 479-0509. seb.org/class/3176648-tennis-camp.
- Vixens & Villains Drama Camp. Young actors will rehearse for 3 weeks with professional stage & film actors to create a unique performance. The theme this year is Villains & Vixens: From Shakespeare to Comics & Beyond. Ages 8–15. M–F. July 12–Aug. 6. Performances on final weekend at Main Stage West. $500. 823-0177. mainstagewest.com/education.
- Flying Trapeze Camp. Learn new skills in flying trapeze, juggling, acrobatics, tightrope, stilts, trampoline, aerial arts & other circus skills. Ages 9 & up. 9 a.m.–2 p.m. Visit website for schedule & rates. 510-435-7359. trapezepro.com.
- National Academy of Athletics Camps. All Sorts of Sports: Campers build motor skills, hand-eye coordination, agility, teamwork & other sports-specific skills. Games include baseball, basketball, soccer, flag football, races & more. Ages 7–13. 9 a.m.–3 p.m. M–F. June–Aug. Visit website for rates & all locations. 541-2365. nationalacademyofathletics.com.
- Sonoma Ecology Center Harry Potter Camps. Sorcerer’s Stone Camp: Study Herbology, Defense Against the Dark Arts, Care of Magical Creatures & Potions. Campers will play Quidditch, explore the Forbidden Forest, tackle the Sorcerer’s Stone challenge & more. Ages 6–12. July 10–14. Goblet of Fire Camp: Ages 6–12. July 31–Aug. 4. Deathly Hallows Camp: Ages 8–12. July 17–21. All Camps: 9 a.m.–3 p.m. daily. $260–$300. 996-0712. sonomaecologycenter.org/summer-science-camp.
- Sonoma Gymnastics Academy Summer Camps. 9 weeks of themed camps. Pirates: June 5–9. Circus: June 12–16. Luau: June 19–23. Patriotic: June 26–30. Medieval: July 10–14. Jungle: July 17–21. Character: July 24–28. Gymnastics Warrior: July 31–Aug. 4. How It’s Made: Aug. 6–10. Ages 3–12. Yearly Members: $250/wk., $50 sibling discount. Non-members: $300/wk. 343-1402. sonomagymnasticsacademy.com.
- Boys & Girls Clubs of Windsor. Campers take field trips, play games & develop positive relationships in a safe environment. Ages 6–18. 8 a.m.–6 p.m. M–F. June 5–Aug. 12. 838-1959. bgccsc.org/windsor.
- Skyhawks Camps. Mini-Hawks Sports: Multi-sport program tailored to age & skill level. Ages 4–7. June 5–9. Flag Football: Boys & girls learn core components of passing, catching & defense. Ages 6–12. July 17–21. Lacrosse Camp: Learn fundamentals of stick handling, cradling, passing & shooting. Ages 10–15. Aug. 7–11. All Camps: 9 a.m.–noon. M–F. $125–$135. Hiram Lewis Park. 838-1260. townofwindsor.com.
- Town of Windsor Summer Camps. 2-week Theme Camps: Art, story time, outside play, science, cooking & more. Themes include Dino-Mite Dinosaurs, Pirates & Princesses, Ocean Commotion & Buggin’ Out. Ages 3–5. M W F. June 12–Aug. 4. $129–$139. Video Production for YouTube: Students will write, act & direct a 1-minute video designed for uploading to YouTube. Ages 10–13. July 10–Aug. 7. $150–$160. All Camps: 9 a.m.–noon. 838-1260. townofwindsor.com/registration.
- The Buck Science Camps. Brain Camp: Designed to educate & inspire students about the brain & sensory system, immersing them in brain art, puzzles & poetry. Cellify Camp: Hands-on activities, cell culture, microscopy & 3D modeling & printing to gain a basic overview of the inner workings of the cell. Ages 10–14. 10 a.m.–3 p.m. Visit website for schedules. $400/wk. Patxi Pizza Learning Center, Novato. 415-209-2000 x6161. buckinstitute.org/content/buck-brain-camp.
- iD Tech Camp San Anselmo. Code, game & create at the world’s #1 summer technology camp. Students learn to code apps, design video games, engineer robots, build websites, print 3D models & more. Ages 7–17. M–F. July 10–14, 17–21 & 24–28. Starting $849–$949/wk. San Domenico School. 844-788-1858. idtech.com/sonoma.
- Justin-Siena Summer Camps. Expansive camp offerings in sports, engineering & the arts. Something for everyone. Grades 3–8. June 12–July 24. Visit website for schedules. $150–$350. 255-0950. justin-siena.org/page/summer/js-summer.