Fast & Fresh
By Momma Chef
Looking for simple and tasty recipes for you and your family? Here are delicious dishes that require no more than six ingredients and six minutes of prep time.
This is a fabulous weeknight family meal, simple and tasty. I suggest keeping the marinade stocked in your refrigerator.
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- ½ tablespoon chili powder
- 1 ½–2 pounds boneless salmon filet
- ¼ cup Whole Foods Mediterranean Herb Marinade
- Mix together dry ingredients and rub on salmon.
- Pour marinade over salmon and bake at 350°F uncovered for 20 minutes.
Butternut Squash Soup
I know it’s probably not fair for me to toot my own horn, but this is hands down the best butternut squash soup you will ever make! Not to mention it’s unbelievably easy to prepare. I like to add cream cheese to give the soup a rich texture. But if you want to make it dairy-free, you can put in ½ cup of your favorite milk substitute, and the soup will still be delish! Make sure to add the cream cheese or milk substitute when the soup is done cooking, right before it’s blended.
- 1 chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 32 ounces cubed butternut squash
- 1 box (32 ounces) vegetable broth
- 8 ounces water
- 8-ounce low-fat cream cheese
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- In a large saucepan, sauté the onion in olive oil over medium heat for 3 minutes. Add cubed butternut squash, mix, and cook another 2 minutes. Add the vegetable broth and water. Cover partially and cook over medium heat for 25 minutes until butternut squash is very tender. Puree squash, cream cheese, and brown sugar in a blender, food processor, or soup emersion in batches until smooth. Serves 8.
Karen Nochimowski, aka Momma Chef, is a mother of three active boys (ages 12, 8, and 5). Find her recipes at mommachef.com and at facebook.com/themommachef.