Fast & Fresh
By Momma Chef
This is one of my favorite go-to salads. I use the abundance of fresh, differently colored tomatoes in my garden, but you can use any variations of tomatoes that are available. I also use mozzarella balls (cut in halves) just as often as I use mozzarella slices—whatever I find on sale is what I throw in this recipe. The end result: It looks and tastes amazing.
1. Add 1 tbsp. olive oil for a bit more dressing.
2. Make sure you use balsamic glaze and not balsamic vinegar.
5-Minute Caprese and Arugula Salad
• 2 cups baby arugula
• 3 large tomatoes, cut into ½-inch slices
• 8 oz. fresh mozzarella cheese, sliced
• ¼ cup fresh chopped basil
• 1 tsp. salt
• 4 tbsp. balsamic glaze
1. Spread arugula on platter.
2. Arrange tomatoes, mozzarella cheese, and
basil on top of arugula.
3. Sprinkle salt over salad.
4. Drizzle balsamic glaze over entire dish.
This article originally appeared on MommaChef.com. It has been reprinted here with permission.
Karen Nochimowski is a mother of three active boys (ages 12, 8, and 5). Her recipes, available on MommaChef.com, use no more than six ingredients and six minutes of prep time.