Dec 09, 2018 12:00AM
By Momma Chef
I have been making this dish for years, and it's still a family favorite. You will definitely impress when you serve these stuffed peppers. They are so easy and yummy, it will seem like you spent hours in the kitchen making them. I like to add in raisins, which give a nice sweetness, but they are not necessary.
Deliciously Easy Stuffed Peppers
• 1 cup uncooked instant white rice
• 1 24 oz. jar tomato basil sauce
• 1 tbsp. salt
• 5 cloves of diced garlic
• 1 lb. ground beef
• 6 bell peppers
1. Preheat the oven to 400°F.
2. In a large bowl, add rice, tomato sauce, salt, and garlic. Mix together.
3. Add the ground beef, breaking up the meat and mixing it as you go so the meat is mixed well into the sauce.
4. Cut the tops off the peppers about 1 inch down. Scoop out the seeds and as much of the membrane inside as you can.
5. Place the peppers cut-side up in a baking dish just large enough to hold them upright.
6. Spoon the beef mixture into each pepper, filling it almost to the top.
7. Bake for 1 hour.
Find the recipes of Karen Nochimowski, aka Momma Chef, on mommachef.com. Each of her recipes contains six ingredients or less and takes under six minutes to prepare. Momma Chef's latest endeavor is the creation of a soup kitchen. See mommachef.com/soup-kitchen.