Dec 30, 2018 12:00AM
By Momma Chef
When my friend called to ask if I would like to try a delicious recipe that would be perfect for Momma Chef’s website, I most definitely said yes! Especially since this friend, Jordan, is an amazing cook. I knew this would be a recipe I wanted to get online ASAP. When I asked him if he had taken any photos, he explained that he wasn’t able to get any since his wife and daughters finished the entire dish. Within one week of getting this recipe, I had tried it, fed it to my family, and put it on my website. This is a vegetarian version, but you can add ½ cup shredded chicken or ground beef to the black-bean mixture.
Oh-So Simple And Delicious Vegetarian Enchiladas
• 15-oz. can of black beans, drained
• 4-oz. can of chopped chiles, drained
• ½ packet of taco seasoning
• ½ jar salsa
• 6 medium tortillas
• ¾ cup shredded cheddar or jack cheese
1. In a small pan over low heat, warm black beans, chiles, and taco seasoning together for 3 minutes.
2. While mixture is warming, take 1/3 cup salsa and spread on bottom of 8" x 8" or 10" x 12" Pyrex pan.
3. Spoon black-bean mixture onto tortillas, then fold and place tortillas (seam-side down or on their sides) in pan.
4. Repeat for the remainder of tortillas.
5. Spoon another ⅓ cup of salsa on top of rolled tortillas, and then put a layer of cheese on top.
6. Broil for 5-7 minutes (keep an eye on them).
1. For a nice presentation, sprinkle with some chopped herbs right before serving.
2. Serve with sour cream and extra salsa.
Find the recipes of Karen Nochimowski, aka Momma Chef, on mommachef.com. Each of her recipes contains six ingredients or less and takes under 6 minutes to prepare. Momma Chef's latest endeavor is the creation of a soup kitchen. See mommachef.com/soup-kitchen.