Santa Rosa, CA 95403
About Us: Our Center
IN A WORLD THAT CHALLENGES THE FAMILY UNIT, BETHEL CHILDREN’S CENTER GOES AGAINST THE TIDE, BUILDING UP AND ENCOURAGING PARENTS WHILE CARING FOR THEIR PRESCHOOL AGE CHILDREN
2 years, 9 months through age 3 years (potty trained)
The Redwoods Class is ideal for children who are new to preschool. Those who are at a minimum of 2.9 years in September are well served in the Redwoods Class. Others who are turning four in late spring, are also good candidates. Some children will have their fourth birthday in the winter/spring in Redwoods, with a move to the pre-Kindergarten class in the late summer.
• Daily whole group instruction promotes social skill development
• Balance of nurturing, playtime and learning throughout the day
• Monthly thematic units that provide a variety of daily activities and experiences including intro to letters and numbers.
• Development of confidence, self-esteem and a love of learning
• Learning areas focused on dramatic play, creative arts, language and sensory exploration
• Regular communication between teachers and parents to keep you informed about your child's day
• An awareness that God loves me No Matter What
Pre-Kindergarten 4-5 Year Olds
Sycamores provide social, emotional, and academic enrichment, which prepares a child for the rigors of kindergarten. A sturdy foundation of social and emotional competence enables a child to advocate for himself, take responsibility for his own behavior, and experience and express empathy. These skills are essential building blocks for the academic standards and expectations of kindergarten.
The Sycamores class prepares children for Kindergarten:
• emphasizes social skills• early reading preparedness
• fine motor skill development and practice
• gross motor activities
• an awareness that God loves me No Matter What