Santa Rosa, CA 95403
En Garde Fencing Camps
For hundreds of years fencing has captured the imagination of generation after generation of young people. Who hasn’t imagined themselves with sword in hand, fending off hordes of enemies with a quick and daring blade?
Fencing teaches kids about honor and the value of seeking challenges while they develop coordination, balance, grace and athletic ability. In our camps, even as they play games and exercise, kids grow in strength and skill, which yields confidence, determination and self-discipline. At EGF, we believe that mental and physical development through carefully guided training is key to creating a healthy and balanced life.
En Garde Fencing offers numerous camps during the year, both through the club and through local community centers. Our camps are an excellent and affordable introduction to the exciting sport of fencing.
At Fencing Adventure Camp, students learn the rules of the sport, the amazing history of fencing, and play games that help develop skills learned during footwork and drills. Camps are designed with the beginning fencer in mind, so no prior experience is necessary to fully enjoy them. Fencers ages 7-12 years old are welcome to attend. Equipment is provided free of charge. Bring a bag lunch and dress in tennis shoes and shorts or sweats.
The EGF Sword and Gaming Camp is one week of daring role-playing adventure, epic battles, and the finest training in the kingdom of the noble art of sword and shield. Truly the best of both worlds! Young squires ages 7-12 years old learn the basics of movement and train for battle with their trusty foam sword, while also running through adventures in fun role playing games. As they progress in skill throughout the week, they learn the use of the shield and other foam weaponry while playing games and engaging in epic quests and battles. Don't miss out on this unique and memorable summer camp! Join the fun today. Equipment is provided free of charge. Bring a bag lunch and dress in tennis shoes and shorts or sweats.
Sign up for both the Olympic Fencing Adventure Camp and the EGF Sword and Gaming Camp for a full-day experience!
Sign up soon for our Summer Camps!
You can sign up for our camps by contacting the community centers below:
Santa Rosa Community Center, 707-543-3737, website
Windsor Community Center, 707-838-5943, website
Rohnert Park Community Center, 707-588-3456, website
Sebastopol Community Center, 707-823-1511, website
Petaluma Community Center, 707-778-4380, website
Schedule of Summer Camps 2021Schedule to be announced. Please check back for more information.
If you have any questions or would like more information please email [email protected] or call Jim at 707-596-3626.
Sign up soon for our Summer Camps!
Covid-19 Safety Guidelines for Activities at En Garde Fencing
EGF is an indoor facility with excellent ventilation and a large, open floor plan.
Equipment and site preparation
• Cautionary signage will be posted conspicuously.
• The floor is marked in order to create every student’s “Home Base,” where equipment and belongings can be safely stored separately from other students’ equipment and belongings.
• We will be checking in students by taking temperature readings upon arrival. Students with fever or other symptoms will not be allowed to participate in classes.
• Students will also be required to wear masks while inside the building and during classes.
• Students will be required to wash hands at the beginning of class and at the end of class.
• We will have a limit of 16 students in the building and for outdoor classes as well. This is so that we may enforce social distance requirements.
• Students may bring their own gear, which will be placed in designated areas for equipment.
• All guests must maintain social distance requirements while on the premises or in any class.
• Club gear will have specific procedures for sanitizing before reuse. These will be explained to students at the beginning and end of classes.
• EGF has an excellent ventilation system that will be active at all times during use.