Windsor, CA 95492
Together, We Make Kids Smile!
To deliver safe, high quality, and specialized dental treatment to underserved youth and promote oral health through education to communities of Northern California.
PDI Surgery Center is the only non-profit pediatric dental surgery center in Northern California. We treat children with severe tooth decay under general anesthesia. Tooth decay is the nation's number one childhood health epidemic.
PDI Surgery Center provides a vital resource for children in urgent need of dental surgery in and beyond the North Bay. Often, PDI is the only option for Northern California children who need access to dental surgery. PDI hopes to eliminate the pain, suffering, and distractions that living with Early Childhood Caries (cavities) causes. PDI is a licensed and accredited ambulatory surgery center.
2016 marked our 8th year in operation and we have treated over 16,000 patients! We are proud to continue serving children and families from 33 counties who need our services. PDI has a dual mission of treatment combined with education. Our ongoing Prevention Education programs are reaching parents and children alike with the message that we can have healthier, happier lives by brushing with our children, eating healthy foods, and drinking water not soda.
WHY PDI'S SERVICES ARE IMPORTANT:
• 20,000 children in Lake, Marin, Mendocino, Napa, and Sonoma Counties are at risk for Early Childhood Caries (ECC) or extreme tooth decay.
• More than 1,900 children in our Northern California region have tooth decay severe enough to require anesthesia to receive dental treatment.
• Families without insurance cannot afford hospital dentistry, which can cost from $3,000 – $12,000.
• Prior to PDI, local families enrolled in Medi-Cal often traveled eight hours round-trip to reach dental hospitals that accepted their insurance.
• Children from low-income families often do not receive timely treatment for tooth decay. Untreated cavities can cause pain and poor self-image and deeply impact a child’s overall health and quality of life.