Sparkling Holiday Crafts
Nov 09, 2009 12:00AM
November’s here, and so begins the season of family celebrations. You and the kids can spice up the family get-together before heading over the river and through the woods by creating a few accessories sure to add sparkle to Grandma’s Thanksgiving table. Here are a few easy-to-make projects that are fun ways to add stylish “bling” to your family’s Thanksgiving celebration.
Braided Leaf Napkin Rings Stuff you’ll need:
- Three different colors of decorative cording (fall colors such as, brown, yellow and orange)
- Fray Check
- Embroidery floss
- Embroidery needle
- Artificial leaf
How you’ll do it:
- Place ends of the cording together in a row.
- Using the embroidery floss and needle, stitch the ends together by running the needle and floss through all three ends.
- Pull it tight, and wrap the floss around the joined ends several times.
- Run the floss and needle through all three ends again.
- Tie off the end of the floss, cut and dab Fray Check on the part of the cords you’ve cut.
- Braid a seven-inch length, pulling tightly as you work. Cut the ends and secure as directed in see step one.
- Place ends together forming a circle, stitch with needle and floss, then wrap floss around tightly to secure the two ends and hide the stitching.
- Place and artificial leaf in the center of the floss, stitch to the ring using small stitches along the “vein.”
- Pull napkin through the circle and you’re ready to add style to your fall feast!