3 Easy Ideas for Great Homemade Mother's Day Gifts
May 04, 2011 12:00AM
Make several flavors with everything right from the kitchen. Then put them into pretty lip gloss containers.
For each jar of gloss, you will need:
- 1/2 cup vegetable shortening
- 1 scoop powdered drink mix—try grape, strawberry, orange, lemon, and pink lemonade
- Lip gloss jars.*
- Clarify the vegetable shortening by heating it in the microwave for 15 seconds until it is in liquid form.
- Stir in the drink mix.
- Pour the mixture into a lip gloss jar.
- Let the mixture harden for 10 minutes and your lip gloss is ready!
- Decorate the jars with fun stickers!
Easy to make, smells fabulous, and is truly luxurious. For one jar of scrub you will need:
- 1/2 cup mashed strawberries
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp vegetable oil
- 2 tsp vitamin E oil
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 empty jam jar
- Mix all the ingredients well.
- Pour into the jar.
- You can personalize your jars by writing “Mother’s Favorite Strawberry Body Scrub.”
- Tie a pretty ribbon around the jar.
Take a nice hot bath with relaxing bath salts your kids created just for you and all the moms on their list.
For one jar of bath salts you need:
- 1 cup of Epsom salts
- ¼ cup sea salt
- 2–3 tbsp baking soda (optional)
- Your favorite essential oil (I like rose, lavender, tangerine, and almond oil)
- A pretty jar
- Simply mix the salts and baking soda well.
- Add 3 drops of the essential oil.
- To add a touch of color you can use some food coloring.
- Pour the salts in a jar and tie it with a ribbon.
Everyone will love the thought the kids put into it and you will love the special time you spent with your kids.