Nov 11, 2014 06:50PM
What you’ll need:
- A 4–5 inch photo of you
- Clear laminating paper, contact paper, or mailing tape for both sides of photo
- Hole Punch
- 3–4 inches of ribbon or yarn
What you do:
- Find a photo of yourself that is about 2–3 inches across and about 5 inches long. Cut in a straight line around the body in your photo. Turn your photo over and use the pen to write a short message to Mom. Make sure to sign it and add the date.
- Cut a piece of clear tape (or laminating or contact paper) a little longer and wider than the photo to protect the bookmark. Center the photo and place it face down. From the center, smooth out to the edges to remove the air bubbles.
- Next, cut a second piece of clear tape that is the same size as the first. Center it and place it sticky side down onto the photo. Again, push it down so you can get the air bubbles out.
- Trim the tape to about ¼ inch from the edge of the photo. You may want to leave about ¾–1 inch at the top of the tape to do the tassel. Use the hole punch to make a hole for your ribbon. Try not to put it over the photo or too close to the edge.
- Next, fold the ribbon or yarn in half and push the loop through the hole you punched out. Leave the ribbon about half way through the hole. Now put the ends of the ribbon through the loop and pull tight. Your bookmark is ready to give to mom!