Apr 05, 2015 12:00AM
It’s spring—a time when animal life emerges from the earth to bask in the warmth of a new season. Celebrate it by making your own creepy-crawlies.
- Smooth, round, or oval rocks
- Acrylic paint (red, yellow, black)
- Permanent marker (black)
- Pencil eraser
- Acrylic matte sealer spray
- Tacky glue
- Wiggly eyes
1. Paint rocks a solid color. Let dry.
2. On one end of the rock, paint a black circle that covers about one-quarter of the surface. This is the ladybug’s head.
3. With a permanent marker, draw a line down the middle of the rock beginning at the back of the head.
4. Dip the pencil eraser into black paint and create dots on the ladybug’s body. Let dry.
5. Spray with acrylic sealer. Let dry.
6. Glue on wiggly eyes.